FT Video Cable TV Headend & Hub Chief Technician
Must have past experience or training on cable television networks.
Perform the tasks necessary to maintain an existing Cable TV system. Other systems included in company service that employee will assist with are wireless and wired Internet networks, wireless access points and their connectivity and phone service. Respond to trouble tickets and service outages as needed; conduct trouble shooting and program systems for all services.
- Understanding of core analog and digital video concepts as it relates to HFC, Coax, and FTTx cable television networks.
- Understanding of RF video concepts such as IF, VSB, 8-VSB, QPSK, QAM.
- Understanding of IP Network concepts as they apply to command and control and digital video transport.
- Understanding of digital video network control systems and transmission network monitoring systems.
- Understanding of core video applications such as EAS, IPG, IPPV, DVR, DPI, HDTV, Cable Cards and VOD.
- Experience in the operation of “HFC” headend.
- Experience using both analog and digital video test equipment used in a traditional head end environment.
- Experience with pre-wire and post-wire installation, inside wire trouble repair, set-top box activation and audio/video interface installation.
- Familiarity with fiber architecture test and measurement equipment and design theory.
- Familiarity with measuring various analog and digital video distortions to validate the end-to-end video performance in fiber architecture.
- Installation and maintenance of Internet wireless and wired equipment, including routers/switches/servers/APs/network cabling.
Click apply above to submit materials for consideration.
Location/Region: Fort Polk, LA