ANNOUNCEMENT OF POSITION
Hamilton County Public Health
Hamilton County Public Health is accepting applications for a Health Educator in the Department of Community Health Services. Requirements include: BS in health education, public health, social services or related field. Master’s Degree and two (2) years of experience which indicates a thorough knowledge of health education principles preferred. CHES®/MCHES®, Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist (TTS), and/or other relevant certifications preferred. Community and youth engagement experience preferred. Familiarity with best-practices related to tobacco prevention desirable. Some evening and weekend hours required. Must possess a valid driver’s license issued by the state of residency. This is an exempt position. Only non-tobacco users need apply. EOE.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate countywide mobilization for policy, systems, environmental, and programmatic (PSEP) strategies related to tobacco prevention and control under the direction of the health promotion and education director;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with public, civic, professional, and educational agencies engaged in tobacco prevention activities;
- Provide education and technical support to communities, schools, and community-based organizations regarding tobacco-free PSEP strategies;
- Coordinate all aspects of the Tobacco Use Prevention & Cessation grant, including grant development, assessment, planning, evaluation, reporting, budgeting, and purchasing;
- Engage youth to conduct tobacco point-of-sale audits and tobacco compliance checks among tobacco retails located within priority communities;
- Conduct various community outreach presentations, trainings, and/or activities;
- Other projects and duties as assigned by division director and agency administration;
- Provide support for public health emergencies.
This is an exempt position. Only non-tobacco users need apply. HCPH is committed to advancing health equity and encourages those with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. EOE.
**This position is grant funded.
Please send resume
by 4:00 p.m., Friday, October 27, 2017